Argentina Trip 2008

Ryan, Mike, Dan, Matt, Vicki, Chris, Autumn...

Ecuador I'm Back

Published by daniel keel the magnificent travelling gnome! at 9:48 AM
So everything has gone so smooth so far I decided to push it a little further. So walked up to immigration and 2 Minn's later I was back in the country of Ecuador. They actually gave me one more week to stay here. Should I take it? Well I took a taxi to bethel and scared alot of people, almost to death. Before I left I was told that I wouldn't be allowed back into the country. Many faces were in complete shock! It felt good to be home again. Went sight seeing of all the work that had been in 3 weeks. Alot they don't waste any time. they have gotten 16 new volunteers in the past week. last big push. They hope to be done by the 15th of January. Was expecting to go to my old hall one last time. nope the other hall had the CO so our meeting got moved. Went with friends to their book study for one last meeting in Spanish. WE Had 12 at the book study and 9 in attendance were bethelites cool atmosphere. Chilled with my old friends after that and showed the pixs of Argentina and told my version of the stories. Had one last morning worship this morning. Said my last goodbyes and off to the airport. And here I write eating one last steak. Sorry Ecuador Argentina's beef if much better. But it still tastes better then the cuy, llama or chabrito{old goat}. I will see you all soon. MIKE LARRIVEE The Lonely Traveller and not the {Traveling Gnome}

2 comments:

daniel keel the magnificent travelling gnome! said... @ 10:32 AM

that's cool you had no problems at immigration. i told people you had your bethel lawyer's phone number ready for your anticipated difficulties.
so you should be nice and rested. great. that way if i'm falling asleep on the ride home i can hand the car over to you.

Planet DeMaw said... @ 9:54 PM

Okay, so everyone is back in Connecticut USA. Lots of memories, stories, photos, videos. I enjoyed the pix of Bethel and of the hall under construction. Looking good! Welcome home Mike.

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Hit Counter...

free counter

Followers