Argentina Trip 2008

Ryan, Mike, Dan, Matt, Vicki, Chris, Autumn...

Sleep in, Laundry, Cards, Drink, Eat...

Published by Ryan at 8:09 AM
That about sums up our day yesterday. It was fairly lazy day but we finally got our much needed laundry done. (I have been short one pair of socks for most of the trip because Chris thought it was funny to throw them off the roof of our first hotel. And it was funny, but now I miss my socks..) Anyways yes, we slept in, dropped our clothes off and then played cards by our modest 8 x 16 pool. All my clothes to have washed and folded was 27 pesos (9 us dollars), not bad! Then we watched Barnyard the cartoon and Dan got sad when the cow died. Otherwise it is a funny movie though its for kids. (The cows look like they have plungers for utters)
So yes later on our way to find food near the Plaza 9 de Julio we stopped for a drink at a trendy looking bar/restaurant that was playing an odd selection of american music stuff from Ah Ha - Take on me to Barbra Streisand.


After that we ate at a place called Patio Balcarce with very friendly staff. They kept coming over to talk and take pictures with us. We ordered what I can only call the mountain of meat. Dan saved me from almost eating a blood sausage (see picture below). I guess we asked to not have it in the pile but they put it there anyway. As we ate, a guy that looked like Dom Deluise sang to everyone there. He shook our hands as he sang. It was no Don King but probably our best touch with a celebrity, so far.


...and finally for the record... I know I need to shave...
-Ryan out

13 comments:

Jacks said... @ 9:57 AM

Okay so it sounds like a good and relaxing day. Ryan, you're right about the cow... and you look like your brother in that picture with the sausage.

Thanks for the blog, keep them coming!

Anonymous said... @ 12:49 PM

sorry ryan about your socks, i know you were really close to them too. but it was for the sake of comedy.
i should think before i act.
stay save everyone
ta ta for now

chris

Anonymous said... @ 12:50 PM

i mean stay safe everyone

Anonymous said... @ 1:29 PM

Wow, that "mountain of meat" looks uhh...interesting! Looks like Vicki and I said "audios" just in time. :) I laughed out loud when I read about the singer shaking your hands as he belted out some tunes. I don't think I could have kept a straight face. :)
Autumn

P.S. Alot of people told us that they're reading the blog but they just haven't posted any comments. (just so you know it's not just family & jackie+us :) But we were late this morning for service cause Chris was reading it. I had to pull him away! :) Miss you guys!

bini said... @ 2:05 PM

i think you should post spoiler alerts from now on...i didnt know the cow died:( ... well if you guys do another children's movie day i recommend "hoodwinked"...its the best.
have fun eating mounds of food. and why are your hotel rooms never ready for you?
i dont know whats funnier- reading the translated double blog or ezra the copiest's comments... :)

Planet DeMaw said... @ 2:12 PM

Whew, that is a pile of meat. Looks good though. I wonder if you got anything with the platter of meat! The singer looks like Englebert Humperdink to me. Ryan knows at least one Tom Jones tune, so he should have gotten up and performed. All of you are having some interesting experiences - mostly good but some not so good.

We Remain Entertained,

DDD

vicki said... @ 4:34 PM

Hi, guys, glad you enjoyed your meat. It seems...hardy. Sounds like you guys are pacing yourselves. Curious if your still planning on ATV'ing in the desert? TTYL.

Matt said... @ 4:37 PM

Dan...I'm having meat withdrawal...I've eaten at two vegetarian restaurants in two days! Also, do you have my little blue bag of stuff? My favorite wine opener was in there.

Imy said... @ 6:31 PM

First you see 007 before it's even released in the States (for $4.50 at that),and now a sumptuous pile of meat. It's almost too much to take! I'm even a little jealous of of your special serenade:)

joell said... @ 6:46 PM

The cow dies?!?! Thanks for ruining the end for me ;) But really looks like you are all having fun. Again I'm just surprised pete isn't getting in on this meat discussion...

(see my picture link in the post on empanadas)

Planet DeMaw said... @ 9:15 PM

Ryan, You can have the hospital socks (socks with little no-slip circles on the bottom) when y9ou get back. That will partially make up for Chris and his flying sock routine. Chris - tsk, tsk, tsk.

ddd

Ryan said... @ 8:41 AM

Look Im sorry about the spoiler alert but for what its worth that scene was in the begining of the movie. So there is a lot more to see after that. And thats all I will say cause I dont want to give anything away...

But the best part of James Bond is when he... kidding, i wouldn't...

Ryan said... @ 4:40 PM

The other thing thats funny is that I was trying to look like Aaron in that picture. I guess it worked! :-)

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Hit Counter...

free counter

Followers