Argentina Trip 2008

Ryan, Mike, Dan, Matt, Vicki, Chris, Autumn...

Goodbye...Farewell...Don't Cry for Me Argentina.

Published by Matt at 6:33 PM
Today we visited some big Colonial mansion where we had to wear these slipper things to protect the incredible parquet floors (they looked silly, especially on all the old British and old American people we took the tour with). We then visited a museum specializing in Pre-Columbian art of the Americas which was pretty cool. After a leisurely lunch chatting with a man from Pittsburgh (here for a month, training engineers at LAN at the airport for United Technologies) we headed to the Pablo Neruda house. I didn't know too much about him until the visit but it was interesting.

In an hour, we leave for the airport...I can't say I'm totally sad to be heading home. We loved South America (especially Argentina) but we're at the point where we're feeling a little homesick. For the followers back home, see you soon; for the guys, keep having fun in Salta and we'll see you in a couple weeks. You can bet Vicki and I will be keeping tabs when we get home. I'm officially okay with being grayed-out now. TTYL.

7 comments:

Planet DeMaw said... @ 9:12 PM

M and V, Hey, you aren't grayed out even if you are leaving SA. Vacations are fun but it's always nice to come home. Now you can start editing your photos. Safe trip. ddd

Matt said... @ 10:17 PM

Not happy!!! Stuck in Santiago airport with a three hour flight delay. It also means we miss our flight in Mexico so we have to take a later flight (and incur another long delay in Mexico). Instead of getting into JFK at 3:30 pm we get in at 10:30 pm (we hope...).

Dad/Ma said... @ 3:01 AM

nice photos...creative

Ryan said... @ 8:34 AM

Bummer! You must be feeling kinda gray now... Oh since thats the case I shall mark you as gray! But yeah sorry guys. Work is going to be fun tomorrow...

Planet DeMaw said... @ 11:32 PM

Joe Dorman gave his first talk out at the Willimantic Hall on Sunday. he did a fantastic job. I'm glad I was there to hear it.

Laurie and Steve said... @ 7:19 AM

He did do a great job! I was glad I was there to hear it also.

P.S. Everyone was talking about your blog at the meeting guys. :) well...not everyone...but your fans were. :)

Ryan said... @ 7:25 AM

Yeah! "They like me... they really like me..." I mean us... I mean the blog... that's awesome...

Glad to hear Joe did good!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Archive

Hit Counter...

free counter

Followers